Anybody can easily acquire the basic skills to do their own dry flower arrangement.
You do not have to be a professional florist to make your own beautiful dried floral arrangements.
Beautiful flowers are the central theme for almost every type of occasion that you can think of. They are beautiful in any situation, which includes fresh flowers as well, and properly dried flowers can last much longer as well. Nothing comes close to brightening up a bland room as placing a dried flower arrangement in it whether it is your home or office. Live fresh flowers can be decorated in any form, whereas dried flowers are a little more flexible since they can be made into table arrangements, swags, holiday wreaths and miscellaneous craft ideas. Furthermore, dried floral arrangements cost much less to buy as opposed to freshly cut flowers.
Think of a theme for the approach of your creation and you can easily create your own dried flowers masterpiece with a professional touch. For example, dried flower arrangements for wedding occasions are call for more of the traditional centerpiece design as opposed to a wreath creation. A similar example is with silk flower arrangements.
You can begin by purchasing the appropriate dried flowers from your florist or create them yourself. This initial step is a crucial part of your overall floral arrangement project. You really need to pick flowers that dry properly such as marigold, globe amaranth, larkspur and roses. In regards to filler flowers, the most ideal choices are lavender, straw, yarrow, baby’s breath, and poppy pods. In regards to the types of leaves you can use, dried fern or eucalyptus at the best. The combination of all these components really depends on your own creative and personal decisions. However, be aware of the different color combinations to make sure everything matches in a proper manner.
Dried flower arrangements can be created by utilizing numerous techniques and forms. You just need to explore the depths of your imagination to come up with a magnificent and gorgeous piece of dried arrangements. Before you begin there are a few things you need to be aware of.
a) Dried flowers are very light so the container holding them should always be weighed down with gravel, sand or pebbles to provide stability.
b) When possible use wire cutters to shorten stems. They can also be lengthened by using long wooden picks.
c) Do not use bare stub wire in a type of arrangement.
d) Arrange the dried flowers in a natural looking manner.
e) If you are using clear or opaque containers try placing marbles, various pebbles, colourful shells, or layers of moss to hide the foam.
f) Pay attention to the size of the space in which the arrangement has to be placed so that you can pick the proper size and shape of the container to display it.
g) Use dried flowers and foliage of varying shapes, colors and textures for a more visually appealing creation.
h) Try to allow adequate space between the flowers to avoid a crowded effect.
i) Check to see if the different colors of the flowers are balanced in an even manner.
j) If you are planning to display it for a long period of time, dip the dried flower stems in a strong adhesive before inserting them into the foam for greater stability and permanence.
Now we can begin. Some great ideas for dried floral arrangements are as follows:
Dried Potpourri Arrangements
1) To produce a unique fragrance try adding a few drops of essential oil to the arrangement.
2) For the fixative you can use either ground or powdered but keep in mind that the ground is more suitable and powders tend to leave behind a film on the glass.
Dried Bouquet Arrangements
1) Stretch and lengthen the dried stems by attaching wires to each of the ends.
2) When choosing colors do not forget that dried flower colors will fade over time.
3) Choose simple, rather than complicated, color schemes.
4) Select container colors that are not overly bright and, if possible, try not to utilize containers with tiny openings.
5) The use of too many dominant flowers will be a detriment to your display so try to pick more filling material that is less distinct in shape and color than the central flower.
6) Put smaller dried flowers that are lighter near the top of the dried flower arrangement.
Dried Swag Arrangements
1) Cover the finished end with a ribbon or bow.
2) If a longer swag is required then try wiring 2 finished swags together.
3) A great tip for keeping swag looking fresh for a long period of time is to simply spray it with some strong hairspray.
Dried Wreath Arrangements
1) After the foliage dries try spraying the completed wreath with strong hairspray.
2) Tie a colorful bow over the area where you started and ended the wreath to cover the connection.
Dried Sachet Arrangements
1) Make sure the glue that you are using is hot.
2) When using the lace and the felt they need to be glued attractively from edge to edge.
3) The opening needs to be large enough to insert your chosen dried flowers.
Dried Flowers Table Arrangements
1) Add a piece of floral foam into the bottom of the container.
2) Cut the stems of the fillers, leaves and main centerpiece flowers.
3) Then add everything from top to bottom beginning with the leaves and then the fillers so that they are evenly distributed.
4) In the front of the arrangement the main flowers can be added.
5) To hold the dried flowers properly add beads and/or decorative stones.
Dried Blossoming Tree Arrangements
1) Insert a piece of floral foam into the container and use some adhesive to secure it to the base.
2) Sort the branches based on length and insert them 1 by 1.
3) After completing the initial arrangement, pour some quick setting plaster into the container.
4) Wait until the plaster dries completely and then spread moss over it.
5) Simple glue can be used to stick small budding twigs into the sides of the larger main branches.
6) Keep inserting dried flowers until the whole arrangement has the appearance of a blossoming tree.
Regardless of which idea you choose, keep in mind that when placing the dried flower arrangements you need to look for an area that does not receive direct sunlight. Furthermore, ensure that the dry flower arrangement is not placed near a heated vent. Otherwise, your fabulous creation will have its colors begin to fade quickly and excess drying of the flowers within no time at all. As for maintenance of your dried floral arrangements, regular dusting with a feather duster is enough to keep them gorgeous for a long time.